Thinking about installing a hot tub inside your house? If so, here’s some great tips to get you off to a great start!
- Take EXACT measurements of the area you plan to have your hot tub installed, and then make sure to bring them along with you when you go shopping.
- Find out what kind of a load your floor can accept before making a purchase. The water filled weight of the hot tub you choose must be easily supported by the foundation of the area in question.
- When selecting your spa, make sure to choose one that will allow for the space needed around it’s perimeter so that entering and exiting aren’t inhibited (and so that it can be accessed in the event that repairs are needed).
- If the spa is coming pre-assembled (some are kits that can be built on site) and you’re planning on placing it inside an existing room, make sure that it will fit through the doorways of your home.
- And, finally, you’ll need to verify that the room you’re planning on installing the hot tub in has proper ventilation. This is due to the fact that the bacteria that’s present in the water vapor isn’t able to disperse as it would outside, making adequate ventilation a must.