Do you have the appropriate safety equipment needed for your pool or spa? Take a peek at the list below…if there’s any areas that you feel are lacking, or safety measures that need to be implemented, give us a call…we’re always happy to help!
- A four-foot (or taller) fence should be installed around the pool and spa, with self-closing and self-latching gates; ask your neighbors to do the same at their pools.
- Install and use a lockable safety cover on your spa.
- If your house serves as a fourth side of a fence around a pool, install door alarms and always use them. For additional protection, install window guards on windows facing pools or spas.
- Have pool and gate alarms installed to alert you when children go near the water.
- Ensure any pool and spa you use has compliant drain covers, and ask your pool service provider (that’s us!) if you do not know.
- Maintain your pool and spa covers to keep them in good working order.
- Consider using a surface wave or underwater alarm.