Convenience. Exercise. Fun. Increased home value.
These are just a few of the many perks that anyone with a home pool would be able to rattle off if asked, “what’s so great about having a pool at home?” However, if you need a bit more convincing, here are a few other benefits of home pool ownership that may not be quite so obvious.
- There are fitness benefits for EVERYONE. Be it by swimming, or other forms of aquatic exercise – like walking or jogging in the water – that pretty much anyone can do. Water allows for extra buoyancy – which helps to protect your joints – and extra resistance – which helps work out your muscles, making it a winning combination for virtually all of us!
- Owning a pool isn’t just good for your physical health…it’s also good for your mental health. Water is a natural stress reliever. Floating weightlessly in water is extremely relaxing – which means that, once your done exercising, you can grab a pool float…and relax!
- You’ll probably sleep better! That’s right…we said SLEEP BETTER. Pretty much anyone who’s spent a day at their neighborhood pool (be it with or without kids) can attest to the fact that – at the end of the day – you’re spent! You’ve exercised your body and cleared your mind, allowing you to fall into a nice, peaceful slumber.
- YOU control the cleanliness of your pool. When you take into account the amount of people that get in and out of a public pool on a daily basis, it’s not hard to see how even a very well maintained public pool could potentially be lacking in a few areas. That’s not to say that private, residential pools can’t have the same issues; however, with (presumably) less visitors AND with you controlling the upkeep, a backyard pool is a much less likely place for germs to breed.
- More time with friends and family. Pools are a social magnet. They provide friends an extra incentive to just come over and “hang out”. They’re also a great excuse to throw a party every now and again – for both adults and kids.
Those are our top five “extra” reasons for why having a backyard pool is so great. What would you add to the list?