Saunas are A-MAZE-ING! Not only do they have the ability to energize you both physically and mentally, there are quite a few health benefits associated with them as well. By getting your body going and opening up blood vessels, you’ll benefit from increased circulation, which is why some gym junkies swear by it after a long workout!
So, to ensure that you have the best sauna experience possible, here’s a few things to know prior to stepping into the hot box:
1. Drink LOTS of water before entering – you’re going to be sweating a lot, and you’ll want to make sure that you DON’T get dehydrated.
2. Do not exceed over 20mins in the sauna!
3. Take time to cool down after you exit the sauna.
4. If you feel light headed or sick while in the sauna, make your way to the door ASAP! Don’t stay in the sauna if you feel ill in any way – that’s your body’s way of telling you that it’s not lovin’ the heat.
5. Do NOT drink alcohol or take medications prior to entering the sauna.
6. Don’t eat before entering the sauna – seriously, your stomach might not handle the effects well.
7. Relax! Relax! This is a great time to just sit back and—you got it—relax!